New moon in Cancer, you say? Prime time for emotions you say? Probably going to want to cry uncharacteristically you say?
Here’s what I wish someone would have told me a week ago, before this new moon. You’re going to want to be held, and it might not come. On a night like this, it might feel like the worst thing. If you are an intuitive, an empath, anything of the like. All feelings will be amplified sevenfold and it may be overwhelming.
“Here we go. Today marks the darkest phase of the moon before its monthly renewal on Wednesday evening. And what a new moon this looks to be. Full of intense emotional purging and reconsidering what we want to belong to, Wednesday’s new moon in Cancer looks to give us the means to unravel the stories that have kept us locked in fear, shame and pain.” xx
So try one or all of the following and:
- Drink teas with lavender and chamomile and rosemary.
- Burn ylang ylang, lotus, and/or jasmine incense.
- Hold rose quartz and moonstone.
- Write yourself a note, just one if more is too much, of sweetness and light.
- Watch Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon whenever possible and forget for a moment.
A few reminders and affirmations for this coming week:
- What you feel is valid and real.
- The boundaries you set deserve respect.
- You deserve the care you seek.
- A bath sounds like a great idea because it is.
- Removing yourself from uncomfortable spaces is your prerogative.
- Self-care and self-love is justice and survival.
- If no one else is there, remember your ancestral mothers, call on them.